PMO Project Manager
Develop and implement go-to market initiatives in partnership with the client and manage all aspects of project by creating detailed project plans and facilitating communication with internal and external project team members.
- Develop, plan and direct scope and direction of company projects
- Monitor project deliverables and evaluate outcomes
Key Job Responsibilities
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Provide project management skills to develop and implement strategic initiatives through participating in all aspects of project deployment including product research, vendor interviewing and contracting and testing utilizing broad knowledge obtained through experience
- Assemble project teams when needed and create project plans to detail the steps to implement initiatives including developing a project schedule to ensure a timely delivery and determining appropriate resources.
- Perform periodic cost and productivity analysis of project plans to ensure adherence to established budgets and timelines.
- Understand the roadmaps of the product organizations, strategic importance of the projects, and determine the priority ordering of the projects
- Develop and drive go to market activities for branding, campaign, collateral pieces, etc.
- Implement marketing plans with effective internal communication programs and resources
- Monitor progress of all go to market activities in all sites; anticipate roadblocks and manage escalations as required so that the needs of the product organizations are met on time
- Facilitate workflow, resource assignments, prioritization of daily tasks, project planning, stakeholder communications, project brief creation, and overall day-to-day management of assigned project work
- Interface with Marketing Communications team to drive messaging (media/advertising, etc.)
- Act as a liaison between team members, client partners and functional area management requesting the project
- Communicate with cross functional project team members and internal and external management regarding the current project initiatives and to gather feedback on new initiatives and interests. Obtain guidance and approval as required to advance initiatives.
- Participate in corporate driven projects, communicate issues, concerns and questions, and understand changing project requirements and best practices.
- Work independently and cross-functionally to initiate and drive communications to maintain account success
- Build and maintain positive relationships with client and all site leadership to deliver projects as outlined in program objectives
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
Other Related Duties
- Participate in establishing, organizing, and implementing short and long range goals, objectives, and policies and procedures.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all policies, procedures, and regulations relating to job duties.
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in relevant work experience
- 2 to 3 years marketing / market management experience required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient personal computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with Clients, Consumers, Co-workers, and/or Key Contacts
- Ability to be a strategic thinker and a good facilitator.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work in a multitasked environment.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule.
- Frequently work in an office environment but occasional non-standard workplaces
- Usually work a standard work week but may be required to work some evenings and weekends
- Occasional work outside of normal working conditions and traditional office environment
- Occasional travel domestically and/or internationally (25-50%)