Desktop Support Associate
Requisition ID: 124093
Job Category: IT
Location: United States-New Mexico-Albuquerque-4200 Osuna Road Albuquerque 87109
Posted Date: 11/2/2017 10:02:43 AM
GET TO KNOW ALORICA.
Alorica is one of the biggest companies you’ve never heard of. We only do one thing – make lives better, one interaction at a time. We’re a global leader in customer service and experience, serving the world’s biggest brands with over 90,000 employees in more than 100 locations around globe.
Working at Alorica means having the freedom to explore all kinds of career opportunities. You can choose from several positions – customer service, tech support, management – serving a wide variety of clients in healthcare, insurance, finance and consumer technology. And you can choose to work at a site, work from home, stay where you are or transfer to a totally new location.
Alorica offers fun, challenging opportunities for personal and professional development. We want you to have fun and succeed, because when you’re at your best, that’s when we’re at our best.
Let’s make lives better. Let’s defy the status quo. And let’s go beyond thinking outside the box – and decide to obliterate the box instead.
You ready? Let’s do this.
Provides advanced, senior level operational support for network infrastructure and internal desktop systems software and hardware.
- Technical support to internal and external customers - 50% of the time
- Troubleshooting and providing solutions - 50% of the time
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provides first tier technical support to internal and external customers; installs, configures, troubleshoots, monitors, and maintains customers' desktop software and hardware; supports mobile workforce
- Consults with customers on all aspects of end-user computing and desktop based systems software; resolves more complex, less defined issues
- Works independently in troubleshooting and providing solutions to unresolved hardware and software problems through trouble-ticket system
- Maintains passwords, data integrity, and system security for the desktop environment
- Provides technical support and guidance through Tier II support, training, and publication of documentation; seeks hardware repair through outside vendors
- Conducts site surveys and implements moves; adds/changes modifications to existing equipment through work-request system
- Evaluates, maintains, modifies (e.g., creates macros, templates), and documents desktop application packages; participates in the testing and evaluation of new desktop packages, implements prototypes, and consults with customers on selection of software applications
- Manages hardware inventory using asset management tool
- Creates and implements software distribution methods and standards
- Installs LAN software upgrades including planning and scheduling, testing, and coordination, and maintains integrity of the LAN software and hardware
- Performs LAN security procedures including implementing log-in requests; evaluates new products and technologies to determine impact on existing system configurations Other Related Duties
- Complies with established policies and standards to ensure that access to company information and systems resources, in any medium or format, is limited to authorized personnel Job Requirements
Other Related Duties:
- Complies with established policies and standards to ensure that access to company information and systems resources, in any medium or format, is limited to authorized personnel
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience/Certifications within area related to job function
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in IT management with emphasis on infrastructure technology
- Experience with design of IT infrastructure
- Working knowledge of most Microsoft based platforms including Windows based operating systems
- Working knowledge of IT Disaster Recovery process and procedure
- Strong organization, project planning and time management skills
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical people
- Ability to negotiate and solve conflict
Alorica is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. Alorica recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.