Alorica is seeking a Buyer in its Purchasing Unit. In this position, the Buyer is responsible for meeting the company’s needs for goods and services.
• Formulating, developing and preparing all documentation applicable to solicitations, contracts and contract management actions for all major projects.
• Managing the procurement process including bid contract formation, requests for proposals, preparing and processing of procurement documents, purchase orders, negotiating contracts, bid specifications, and solicitations.
• Ensuring work is in accordance with company policies and procedure.
• Reviewing all purchase order requisitions for compliance with procurement policy board rules, procedures, and directives.
• Organizing and processing work flow for effectiveness and efficiencies.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Knowledge of basic Procurement Policies, local laws, and regulations impacting purchases.
• Experience working with competitive bids and Requests for Proposals and quotes.
• Experience negotiating contracts with suppliers and/or subcontractors preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal interpersonal, organizational, customer service and communication skills required.
• Must be extremely detail-oriented, self-motivated, highly-organized, resourceful, and reliable.
• Must be able to perform under pressure in a fast-paced growing environment; able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Strong attention to detail and high concern for identifying savings opportunities and achieving those savings.
• Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
• Two (2-3) years of previous buying or procurement experience.
• Experience with corporate ERP purchasing modules is preferred.