Telecoms Engineer II
Requisition ID: JID_34557_13404
Job Category: Call Center
Posted Date: 8/2/2017 10:43:13 AM
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- With moderate supervision, designs, implements/ installs, maintains, and administers infrastructures including hardware, software, and various configurations.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of a particular field in order to complete assignments of advanced difficulty.
- Assignments are broad in nature and usually require originality and ingenuity.
- Monitors overall performance to proactively identify potential issues and tune appropriately.
- Performs root cause analysis on failed components and implements corrective measures.
- Researches software and system products and technologies to justify recommendations and support purchasing efforts.
- Assists in the documentation of procedures and processes for the ongoing operation, maintenance, and backup of equipment and systems.
- Works with others to establish and improve processes and procedures.
- Act as project lead in the design and review of new systems and applications and hardware. Architect the system infrastructure required to support these projects.
- May have sole responsibility for projects and participates in disaster recovery exercises.
- Defines and implements strategies for integrating disparate operating environments.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and corrects problems and factors affecting performance.
- Reviews progress and evaluates results.
- Partners with end users, business units, and external client technical teams to meet data communication needs of all users.
- Partners with client program managers to ensure timely delivery.
- Provides training and assistance to junior staff.
- Proactively recommends corporate-driven projects, communicate issues, concerns, and questions, and understand changing requirements, changing technology, and best practices.
- Generally focuses on projects for one or more disciplines.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all policies, procedures, and regulations relating to job duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent relevant work experience required.
- Three or more years of previous experience in a technical position required.
- Strong project management experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of at least three of the following technologies: Cirtix XenApp, DNS, SHCP, Exchange 2010, MS Clustering, Powershell, TMG, Vmware ESX/ESXi/View/VMA, W2K3, W2K8, SQL, SQL Server.
- Juniper Network experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of Internetworking Operating Systems and call center technology.
- Exhibit strong attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proficient personal computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work in a multitasked environment.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.