Benefits Vice President
At Alorica, we only do one thing – make lives better, one interaction at a time. We’re a global leader in customer service and experience, serving the world’s biggest brands with tens of thousands of employees in hundreds of locations around the globe.
As a member of the Employee Experience Team, the Vice President of Benefits & Retirement is responsible for strategy and management of our overall Benefits & Retirement programs ensuring they are competitive, easy to understand and access, and valued by our employees. This position will lead the strategy development, design, administration, compliance and communication of Alorica’s North American health and welfare and retirement/savings plans including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, disability, leave of absence, voluntary plans, employee discounts and retirement and savings plans. The Vice President monitors industry trends, practices, and costs; reviews and evaluates current programs; serves as a change agent by partnering with the executive leadership and stakeholders, incorporating employee preferences and needs ensuring programs align with Business and Employee Experience strategic objectives. In carrying out the oversight of the retirement programs the Vice President ensures compliance with IRS regulations, working with legal counsel and plan vendors to maintain up-to-date and accurate plan documents, and working with our internal ERISA Committee to review investment options and evaluate the performance of selected plan vendors. The Vice President ensures compliance with state and federally mandated programs including Medical, LTD, STD, and Life. Additionally, the Vice President is responsible for the development and delivery of a comprehensive educational program to inform employees regarding benefits offerings.
- Health & Welfare Benefits
- Retirement Savings Plans
- Develop a Benefits and Retirement strategy that aligns with Alorica’s strategic objectives and enhances the employee experience
- Plan and direct the overall design and implementation of all employee benefit programs, including medical, dental, vision, financial programs and work, life and family consistent with the company’s strategic direction and employment proposition
- Analyze current and developing legislation, healthcare regulations and other environmental factors impacting plan performance and program competitiveness
- Ensure that benefit plans are administered in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations. Ensure that all plan filings (such as Form 5500) and audits are performed to maintain plan qualification and compliance
- Manage program financials and utilization, prepare annual budgets and track all benefits related expenses
- Analyze all current benefits plans to determine cost/benefit and competitiveness.
- Oversee the effective communication of the benefits plans and programs to optimize impact and understanding. Work closely with organization to develop a strong value proposition, brand, with clear and concise communication materials
- Lead preparation for Benefits and Retirement Committees
- Lead benefits work as it relates to acquisition activities
- Manage strong vendor partnerships and utilization of external network of experts
- Oversee the audit process and work closely with Legal to develop required notices, plan amendments, plan documents, eligibility appeal response and other required documentation.
- Lead, develop and motivate a strong, effective and respected Benefits & Retirement organization, one viewed by stakeholders to be confident, strategic, proactive, effective, and vital to the company’s success
· Solid business acumen and strategic thinker with excellent grasp of the financial and economic drivers of the overall business
· Excellent at team building and motivating people. Skilled at accomplishing goals through others. Proficient at being a teacher, mentor and coach
· Highly articulate with outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and strong executive presence
· Strong collaborative problem solving and customer service skills that demonstrate the ability to gather and analyze information and identify and resolve issues or improve processes in a timely manner.
· Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations related to benefit and leave programs (ERISA, FMLA, ADA, ACA, etc.)
· Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.
· Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, and is action-oriented.
· 10+ Years’ experience with benefits and retirement strategy, design, and management
· 5+ years Benefits & Retirement Leadership experience
· Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) designation
· Experience with Benefits Committees, Investment/Retirement committees and general governance practices
· Experience with non-qualified plans, executive perks, amenities and work life programs
· Experience with international benefits programs and practices
• Constant work performed in a climate-controlled office environment with work performed in a sedentary posture.
• Frequent travel required
• Some lifting, bending, stooping, and standing.
• Constant speak and write
• Constant use of a telephone, computer, and other office equipment
• Constant use of mobile devices, including cell phone and wireless notebook
Alorica is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. Alorica recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.