Insurance Follow Up Representative
- Follow-up with insurance companies on billed claims regarding claim status and resolution of payments in a timely manner.
- Thoroughly review all notes in patient accounts for potential insurance benefit eligibility.
- Access client systems to determine insurance eligibility and filing status in order to prepare claims for billing.
- Request necessary documents from client to perform insurance billing.
- Responsible for accurately tracking payments and payment verifications.
- Contact patients when additional information is required to complete billing.
- Provide thorough, efficient, and accurate documentation and updates in all required systems for each work event.
- Dependent upon position, identify root cause of issues and concerns, determine resolution, and refer to Management.
- Knowledge, understanding, and compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations relating to job duties.
- Knowledge, understanding, and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Provide feedback to management concerning possible problems or areas of improvement.
- Make recommendations to implement improved processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Paid training
- Flexible training schedules
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid time off
- Paid holiday and sick time
- Retirement planning options (401(k))
- Employee discounts through client programs
- High School Diploma or GED required; college degree preferred
- Customer service experience a plus
- Phone-related customer service a major plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel applications
- Bilingual language skills a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Stellar customer service skills – and an overwhelming desire to make lives better, one interaction at a time
- Ability to use phone and computer systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong listening/comprehension skills
- Ability to stay composed and objective
- Conversational, patient and confident, with a positive attitude
- Previous insurance/medical billing/customer service experience preferred.
- A climate controlled, contact center environment – filled with amazing people, incredible career opportunities and the occasional dance-off
- Constant usage of phone and computer systems
Alorica is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. Alorica recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.