Sr. Accountant - Financial Reporting
GET TO KNOW ALORICA
At Alorica, we only do one thing – make lives better, one interaction at a time. We’re a global leader in customer service and experience, serving the world’s biggest brands with tens of thousands of employees in hundreds of locations around the globe.
Responsible for the maintenance and completion of moderately complex accounting activities, including compiling, analyzing, posting, and reporting complex financial information in a timely and accurate manner.
• Compiles complex financial information from various electronic and hard copy sources.
• Independently performs analysis and prepares and/or reviews journal entries on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
• Performs weekly and monthly reconciliations to ensure the accuracy of all financial information.
• Analyzes and reports on accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles.
• Assists in the preparation and support of statutory and consolidated financial reporting.
• Collects year-end closing financial information, post all journal entries, and ensure accuracy of data for filing and audit purposes.
• Performs technical accounting research and work with business unit leaders to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Researches and addresses questions from Executives and Management.
• Provides explanations for any variance occurring through analyzing and researching reasons and causes for fluctuations.
• Prepares and distributes various financial reports and exhibits for Corporate Executives, Management, and Non-Management, including but not limited to expense analysis, expense detail, Profit & Loss (P&L) statements, production/commission reports, and site profitability.
• Identifies issues and provides recommendations for resolution to higher level accounting staff or management.
• Prepare and distribute complex financial reports for Executives and Sr. Management.
OTHER RELATED DUTIES
• May provide training and development to junior Accounting staff.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with all policies, procedures, and regulations relating to job duties.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent relevant work-related experience required.
• Two years of Accounting, Reporting, and Analysis/related work experience or equivalent combination of related training and experience required. Three years preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge and understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
• Knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Proficient personal computer skills including Microsoft Office. Microsoft Access and SAP experience a plus.
• Proficient financial analytical skills and ability to research and explain variances.
• Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
Alorica is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. Alorica recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.