Healthcare Eligibility Screener
- Maintain the appropriate level of work activity according to work standards and establish work processes to ensure timely certification for eligibility programs.
- Retrieve and forward requested records and information, including medical records, insurance policy information, remittance advice, and itemized statements, to appropriate parties.
- Analyze, distribute, and follow-up on special requests and adjustments with hospital personnel.
- Maintain consistent proactive communication with the patient or patient representative throughout the eligibility process, keeping the patient informed of the account progress.
- Screen patients and/or patient representatives to determine potential eligibility for Third Party resources.
- Communicate effectively with physicians, case managers, social workers, and hospital business office staff on a daily basis to ensure questions are answered and issues are addressed.
- Educate patients and patient representatives of the eligibility requirements, application process, and verification requirements for applicable programs.
- Maintain a professional relationship with the patient and governmental agencies to ensure cooperation and compliance.
- Document pertinent patient information and all work activity in the appropriate systems dictated by company policies and procedures.
- Ensure accounts are processed in accordance to Eligibility Program standards, Client expectations, and all applicable federal and state regulations guidelines.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all policies, procedures, and regulations relating to job duties.
Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Paid training
- Flexible training schedules
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid time off
- Paid holiday and sick time
- Retirement planning options (401(k))
- Employee discounts through client programs
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate or equivalent in relevant work experience desired.
- Previous healthcare coverage/eligibility experience preferred.
- Proficient personal computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team fostered environment.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasked environment.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Stellar customer service skills – and an overwhelming desire to make lives better, one interaction at a time
- Ability to use phone and computer systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong listening/comprehension skills
- Ability to stay composed and objective
- Conversational, patient and confident, with a positive attitude
- Office Environment
Alorica is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. Alorica recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.