Director, IT Communications
GET TO KNOW ALORICA
At Alorica, we only do one thing – make lives better, one interaction at a time. We’re a global leader in customer service and experience, serving the world’s biggest brands with tens of thousands of employees in hundreds of locations around the globe.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES •
- Interact with stakeholders at all levels of the organization to socialize and roll out campaign initiatives and executive communications.
- Plans, designs, and authors strategic communications to the IT organization, Alorica Management, Clients, business partners and staff
- Provides communication on behalf of IT to stakeholder departments and identified clients throughout the project life cycle, from beginning to final evaluation – including customer, internal and project team communication templates and materials
- Researches systems and interviews subject matter experts, as required, to compile information and documentation to support the organization's technology-based programs and that will ultimately enhance the user experience.
- Studies, reviews and revises communications, as required, to ensure they are effectively meeting our client services and sales needs and supporting our business objectives.
- Develop specific IT communications materials to educate and inform employees and clients on specific areas around IT and Network initiatives, projects and programs.
- Provides creative leadership on marketing and project communications for IT initiatives.
- Research, develop, write, edit, and proofread a full range of IT materials including, but not limited to brochures, schedules, web content, catalogs, collateral, presentations, and other creative communication materials that support company IT goals and drive a positive end-user experience.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all policies, procedures, and regulations relating to job duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
OTHER INFORMATION (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Ability to partner closely with colleagues in marketing to ensure alignment of all marketing, public relations and ongoing communications efforts.
- Strategic and creative thinker able to design actionable, measurable programs with tangible results that align with and advance business objectives.
- Strong writer and speaker.
- Skilled strategic and critical thinker, decision-maker, negotiator, and relationship-builder.
- Ability to quickly grasp and synthesize complex issues.
- Prior experience as an internal and external company media spokesperson.
- Exceptional track record in working with the media, including demonstrated success in pitching and placing pieces in business, consumer and financial media – highly desirable not required.
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Impeccable writing skills, demonstrating the ability to communicate information to multiple audiences.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and possess a proven ability to thrive under deadline pressure and to execute on a number of projects simultaneously.
- Successful experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic, results-oriented team environment.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or related field
4 years of RFI and RFP bid process communications and coordinating initiatives required.
- Experience in B to B businesses communications and/or public relations in the BPO, customer service and/or technology industries.
- Experience with large international organizations preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong writing, editing and strategic communications planning experience.
• Ability to consult across multiple groups and management levels
• Requires highly developed interpersonal skills and demonstrated leadership skills
• Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
• Work performed in a climate-controlled corporate office
• Some travel
• Ability to lift and/or move 20 pounds with or without accommodation.
Alorica is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. Alorica recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.