Pharmacist In Charge (Must be currently licensed in Arizona)
Requisition ID: 126668
Job Category: Operations
Location: United States-Arizona-Tucson-2929 East Corona Road 85756 (Tucson 2)
Posted Date: 11/1/2017 9:00:23 PM
Responsible for training and developing Pharmacists who support industry leading healthcare companies in prior authorization, clinical appeals, mail order, prescriber education, patient counseling, drug information and customer services. Administers company policies, best practices and standard operating procedures to facilitate performance that exceeds client expectations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees a team of Pharmacists and administers company policies, best practices and standard operating procedures to facilitate performance that exceeds client expectations.
- Provide training and ongoing coaching to staff members to ensure performance standards are achieved.
- Organizes workload, sets priorities, completes assignments in a timely manner and utilizes resources appropriately while complying with department program standards.
- Perform various duties related to the fulfillment of program deliverables.
- Accurately interprets and verifies physicians' prescriptions, accesses, inputs and retrieves prescription information from the computer system, verifies whether the order is within program guidelines.
- Consults with customers, and/or physicians regarding use of medications and potential drug interactions.
- Reviews and approves/denies requests for prescription prior authorizations.
- May also oversee the activities of pharmacy technicians, pharmacy clerks and customer service representatives.
- Conforms with and supports department quality assurance and improvement guidelines.
- Performs all duties and functions in compliance with state and federal pharmacy laws and regulations.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all policies, procedures, and regulations relating to job duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Pharmacist Licensure must be current and unrestricted; B.S. in Pharmacy and/or PharmD degree from accredited School of Pharmacy.
- Must have a current Arizona Pharmacist license in good standingExperience:
- At least 5+ years’ experience working in a retail pharmacy setting
- Prior experience training, coaching and developing pharmacy staff is required
- Prior experience managing employee’s in a virtual capacity is strongly preferred
- Prior experience in a BPO environment is strongly preferred