Finance Analyst - Irvine, CA
Requisition ID: 125821
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Location: United States-California-Irvine-5 Park Plaza Suite 1100 Irvine 92614
Posted Date: 10/17/2017 2:00:20 PM
At Alorica, we exist to make lives better…one interaction at a time by creating insanely great customer experiences. We’re looking for a talented Financial Analyst to join our growing Finance team and bring that passion of creating better user experiences.
We operate in over 150 locations across the globe and have over 100,000 employees who are all about customer engagement, whether through sales and support, acquisition, back office management, or a host of other services we provide to our diverse client roster of some of the world’s most recognizable brands
The Financial Analyst will support North America Operations in the areas of planning, forecasting, reporting and analysis, financial modeling and other ad-hoc activities. The ideal candidate enjoys a fast-paced environment, is able to multi-task, will bring energy and passion to everything he/she does, and will not be afraid to roll up his/her sleeves to tackle challenging analytical assignments. Strong quantitative and excel financial modeling skills are a must.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support all aspects of financial validation, reconciliation and planning & analysis activities
- Support the presentation of all financial information related to the department’s financial results; assess cause of change and trends relative to projections to ensure a thorough understanding of variance drivers
- Develop dashboards and monthly reporting packages identifying trends and providing financial insights to business managers
- Work with large quantities of data to create meaningful presentations enabling informed, executive-level financial decisions
- Create sophisticated financial models that provide financial analysis and decision support to senior leadership on key business decisions. Advise business leadership of opportunities and risks impacting business performance. Propose potential solutions to complex problems
- Contribute to the culture and approach of continuous improvement; drive process improvement and standardization
- Maintain successful relationships with key business leaders across the Finance and Corporate department functions
- Lead and support ad-hoc strategic analyses, developing key insights that support business initiatives
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field
- MBA/CPA preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, with proven strong financial modeling skillsExperience:
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant work experience in Finance/Accounting.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics:
- Strong leadership skills required
- Knowledge of Oracle accounting system and Hyperion Essbase preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with proven focus on Excel
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet modeling skills with ability to manipulate and analyze large amount of data
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Strong knowledge and experience with accounting principles including, but not limited to, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions, to prioritize and work in a multi-tasked environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team fostered environment