HR Generalist - Mesa, AZ
Requisition ID: 125827
Job Category: Human Resources
Location: United States-Arizona-Mesa-1906 E. Main Mesa 85203
Posted Date: 10/12/2017 9:00:53 PM
GET TO KNOW ALORICA
At Alorica, we only do one thing – make lives better, one interaction at a time. We’re a global leader in customer service and experience, serving the world’s biggest brands with tens of thousands of employees in hundreds of locations around the globe.
Performs difficult, professional-level work overseeing the broad operations of all Human Resources functions at a site-specific call center to include employee relations, orientation, performance management and discipline, etc. Supervision is exercised over all People team members at site.
- Advises management regarding routine or somewhat unique HR issues to ensure the consistent application of practices in compliance with legal requirements and company policy. Includes providing guidance, counseling, and coaching in regard to disciplinary actions, terminations, performance management, and fact-finding investigations.
- Partners with and advises department managers on disciplinary actions and terminations to ensure compliance with company procedures and applicable regulations. Reviews all terminations with HR Manager, Business Partner, or Corporate Human Resources as instructed.
- Provides an "open door" policy for employees to communicate work-related concerns. Counsels employees and maintains positive employee relations. Acts as liaison between employees and management team.
- Monitors and evaluates employee satisfaction and attrition levels and recommends strategies and employee-focused programs and activities aimed to improve employee engagement and retention.
- Supports the senior HR staff in the administration of HR processes, including performance management and merit review process, benefits enrollment, leaves administration, organizational development, and succession planning.
- Analyzes sites needs and recommends new or modified site human resource procedures and ensures change supports company policies. Recommends changes to existing company policies, practices, and programs to meet changing site and company needs.
- Partner with Recruiters and Recruiting Business Partners to execute full life cycle recruitment activities relating to sourcing, screening, interviewing, and hiring for various positions. May be responsible for participating in recruiting activities and conducting new hire orientations at assigned site(s).
- Liaise with Corporate Human Resources departments of expertise when needed to address more complex HR issues, such as fact-finding investigations, employment litigation, and workforce reorganizations.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate employee record-keeping and documentation at the site including employee files, labor posters, payroll records, and other applicable company, client, or regulatory required documentation.
- Prepares reports in conformance with legislated requirements or organization needs.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all policies, procedures, and regulations relating to job duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Education and Experience:
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent relevant work experience. Applicable HR certification (e.g., PHR, SPHR, CHRP) preferred.
• Extensive (3+ years) experience in Human Resources and/or Management experience required.
• Some (1+ years) experience in a service industry with an emphasis in employee relations preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Thorough understanding of labor and benefit law and administration.
• Training competencies in areas of HR administration, legal/regulatory compliance related to labor/employment matters, supervisory development, diversity and management training.
• Extensive HR knowledge, skills and applicable experience.
• Some knowledge of a call center environment
• Ability to motivate and supervise staff members
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
• Ability to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously and to cultivate capabilities beyond those required for the current job and needs of the business.
• Work is performed in a climate-controlled office environment
• Constant use of a computer and other office related equipment
• Occasional work in call-center conditions
• Occasional domestic travel
• Frequent walking and traveling throughout call-center
Alorica is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. Alorica recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law