Software Engineer - Plano, TX
The Software Engineer is responsible for developing new applications and supporting/troubleshooting existing solutions, leading and participating in the activities associated with identifying and analyzing user requirements to develop detailed design specifications, coordinating assigned projects for completion from beginning to end, and effectively communicating results to end user.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Working on highly technical, complex projects in order to develop solutions and services which are cost effective while meeting the business needs of the Company.
· Lead activities throughout the entire software development life cycle providing consultative advice and direction to development team, as needed.
· Develop technical specifications including the configuration of standard applications, modifications to standard reports, development of new reports, development of interfaces in and out of the application, and end user support for multiple geographies.
· Participate in business meetings to identify and understand the company's goals and objectives in order to develop software that will meet the company's current and future business needs.
· Analyze and review functional and performance requirements to support design architecture, providing alternative solutions as necessary.
· Perform troubleshooting and issue resolution throughout project ensuring issues are brought to resolution and on-going communication with project team and management is maintained.
· Coach and mentor project team members to ensure thorough understanding of project tasks and company goals.
· Defines and implements strategies for integrating disparate operating environments.
· Reviews progress and evaluates results. Recommends changes in procedures and processes.
· Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications & Requirements
· Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, MIS or a related field required.
· Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements.
· Minimum two years of a programming platform (e.g., Windows, Web, Unix/Linux, etc.) required.
· Minimum five years of a standard programming language (e.g., JAVA, J2EE, .NET, C/C++/C#, SQL, Oracle, MySQL, PL/SQL, Informix, Data Comm, Visual Basic, C++, Angular JS, Bootstrap, HTML,XML/VXML, PERL, etc.) required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Characteristics:
· Expert knowledge of Internetworking Operating Systems and call center technology.
· Advanced project management experience required.
· Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of a particular field in order to complete assignments of highly advanced difficulty.
· Exhibit strong attention to detail.
· Excellent problem-solving skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
· Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
· Ability to work in a team fostered environment.
· Management: May have oversight responsibility junior team members or project teams.
o Internal- Sr. Management, Operations
o External- Clients, Vendors
· May focus on multiple high level projects for one or more disciplines.
· Assignments are broad in nature and usually require originality and ingenuity.