Desktop Support Associate
Requisition ID: 124768
Job Category: IT
Location: United States-Florida-Tampa-4904 Eisenhower Blvd Suite 300 Tampa 33634
Posted Date: 10/23/2017 2:01:50 PM
GET TO KNOW ALORICA.
Alorica is one of the biggest companies you’ve never heard of. We only do one thing – make lives better, one interaction at a time. We’re a global leader in customer service and experience, serving the world’s biggest brands with over 90,000 employees in more than 100 locations around globe.
Working at Alorica means having the freedom to explore all kinds of career opportunities. You can choose from several positions – customer service, tech support, management – serving a wide variety of clients in healthcare, insurance, finance and consumer technology. And you can choose to work at a site, work from home, stay where you are or transfer to a totally new location.
Alorica offers fun, challenging opportunities for personal and professional development. We want you to have fun and succeed, because when you’re at your best, that’s when we’re at our best.
Let’s make lives better. Let’s defy the status quo. And let’s go beyond thinking outside the box – and decide to obliterate the box instead.
You ready? Let’s do this.
Summary / Objective:
• The Desktop Engineer I – (IT Support Services) position serves as a central point of contact to complete end user and management requests in regards to problems or implementations at the desktop/workstation level.
• Applies understanding of computer software and hardware to diagnose problems, determine appropriate course of action, provide complete follow-through to successful resolution or escalate to appropriate support technician and/or department.
• Maintains accurate documentation in the Alorica Help Desk system of all user requests, repairs and reported issues including cause, resolution and preventative action.
• Configures and provides instruction in the use of software applications on desktop computers for employees.
• Provides in-depth support on Windows applications, network connectivity, user accounts, network printing, and any other hardware/software issues.
• Works with other Technology Support staff to implement and maintain internal and external applications.
Time Spent on Primary Activities:
• End user support - 90% (Desktop troubleshooting, client/customer support, hardware/software maintenance).
• Documentation and inventory - 10%
• Responsible for maintaining, configuring, and upgrading computer systems. Performs minor computer repairs and coordinates vendor support for more critical repairs.
• Responsible for maintaining and updating hardware and software inventories on desktop and server equipment.
• Required to carry a cell phone/pager and be on call for emergencies.
• Occasionally required to perform job duties outside of normal business hours.
• Build and maintain positive relationships with customers and all internal departments to deliver a high level of service.
• Physical movement of computer related equipment.
• Meets or exceeds departmental metrics as established over time.
• Must account for time daily in Alorica Project management/Time reporting system.
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years’ experience with computer operations required. Related experience may substitute for college course work.
Professional Experience / Qualifications:
• Experience in providing technical support for PC’s and local area network preferred. Three + years working in a Windows networking environment.
• PC hardware knowledge with the ability to troubleshoot hardware issues and experience interfacing with vendor support organizations.
• Firm understanding and experience with general TCP/IP connectivity issues in a LAN/WAN/VPN/Internet environment.
• Experience in a Windows NT 4.0/2000/XP/7 environment.
• Proficiency with both using and maintaining MS Office suites.
• Experience using Fog, Symantec Ghost or other related imaging software.
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical information to non-technical users at all organizational levels.
• Ability to discuss and diagnose problems with computer hardware/software with remote users.
• Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
• Organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Very good interpersonal, writing, presentation skills. Ability to communicate with most levels of management and across functional lines
• Ability to work independently with general supervision.
Alorica is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. Alorica recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.