Office 365 EDU Technical Specialist
At Alorica, we only do one thing – make lives better, one interaction at a time. We’re a global leader in customer service and experience, serving the world’s biggest brands with tens of thousands of employees in hundreds of locations around the globe.
The Technical Specialist will fill the critical sales lifecycle gap between customer sign-up and customer user activation, focusing on deployment and roll out challenges that do not fall into the support category.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced 2007, 2010, or 2013 Exchange, SharePoint and Lync/Skype Administrator looking to work in more of a client-facing role providing pre-sales technical support for Office 365. Position will be Monday through Friday with day hours directed by the Client..
- Work with inside and outside Office 365 SSPs as well as Marketing resources to accelerate closed deals to deployments and activations
- Handle intermediate support escalations to ensure optimal customer experience and resolution
- Facilitate project management of pilots and deployments to ensure full wins
- Drive the customer towards a growing list of Microsoft partners for complex deployments, or where the customer does not have the capacity to take on a complete project independently
- Participate in team reviews of pipeline and account deployment status to understand where to engage proactively with customers when not assisting on current opportunity sets to get customers to assign and use the licenses ordered
- Customer segment focus is based on Client vertical.
OTHER RELATED DUTIES
• Escalates calls to supervisor when necessary and appropriate
• Maintains and updates customer information as necessary
• Provides support and assistance as needed
• Up-sells to customer upgrades as necessary
• May perform other client specific duties as necessary and required by program/account.
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or relevant work experience
- Current or prior experience of PowerShell scripting in an AD environment
- Current or prior experience in basic ASP web application development (to support SSO deployment questions)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2+ years Exchange, SharePoint and Lync Server 2007, 2010, and 2013 Administrator experience for small, medium or large organization(s)
- Solid IdM and messaging foundations, including ILM, AD, Exchange and OWA
- 2+ years’ experience interfacing with/providing customer service to internal or external clients
- Extensive development experience with Exchange Web Services and SharePoint administration
- Experience working with or at Microsoft or Microsoft partners
• Constant work performed in a climate-controlled production floor in a sedentary position
• Constant phone use; constant sitting and/or standing
Alorica is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. Alorica recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.