Desktop Support Associate
Requisition ID: 123882
Job Category: IT
Location: United States-Nevada-Las Vegas-625 Pilot Road Suite 200 89119
Posted Date: 9/5/2017 10:01:31 AM
- The Desktop Engineer I – (IT Support Services) position serves as a central point of contact to complete end user and management requests in regards to problems or implementations at the desktop/workstation level.
- Applies understanding of computer software and hardware to diagnose problems, determine appropriate course of action, provide complete follow-through to successful resolution or escalate to appropriate support technician and/or department.
- Maintains accurate documentation in the Alorica Help Desk system of all user requests, repairs and reported issues including cause, resolution and preventative action.
- Configures and provides instruction in the use of software applications on desktop computers for employees.
- Provides in-depth support on Windows applications, network connectivity, user accounts, network printing, and any other hardware/software issues.
- Works with other Technology Support staff to implement and maintain internal and external applications.
Time Spent on Primary Activities:
- End user support - 90% (Desktop troubleshooting, client/customer support, hardware/software maintenance).
- Documentation and inventory - 10%
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years’ experience with computer operations required. Related experience may substitute for college course work.
- Experience in providing technical support for PC’s and local area network preferred. Three + years working in a Windows networking environment.
- PC hardware knowledge with the ability to troubleshoot hardware issues and experience interfacing with vendor support organizations.
- Firm understanding and experience with general TCP/IP connectivity issues in a LAN/WAN/VPN/Internet environment.
- Experience in a Windows NT 4.0/2000/XP/7 environment.
- Proficiency with both using and maintaining MS Office suites.
- Experience using Fog, Symantec Ghost or other related imaging software.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical information to non-technical users at all organizational levels.
- Ability to discuss and diagnose problems with computer hardware/software with remote users.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Very good interpersonal, writing, presentation skills. Ability to communicate with most levels of management and across functional lines
- Ability to work independently with general supervision.
- Responsible for maintaining, configuring, and upgrading computer systems. Performs minor computer repairs and coordinates vendor support for more critical repairs.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating hardware and software inventories on desktop and server equipment.
- Required to carry a cell phone/pager and be on call for emergencies.
- Occasionally required to perform job duties outside of normal business hours.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with customers and all internal departments to deliver a high level of service.
- Physical movement of computer related equipment.
- Meets or exceeds departmental metrics as established over time.
- Must account for time daily in Alorica Project management/Time reporting system.