Patient Advocacy Liaison
Requisition ID: JID_34550_13404
Job Category: Call Center
Location: Philippines-Quezon City-Centris
Posted Date: 8/2/2017 10:27:05 AM
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain the appropriate level of work activity according to work standards and establish work processes to ensure timely certification.
- Educate patients and patient representatives on the eligibility requirements, application process, and verification requirements for applicable programs.
- Facilitate the application process when appropriate for the patient by assisting the patient in the completing of the application, scheduling appointment interviews and obtaining required verification.
- Maintain consistent proactive communication with the patient and/or patient representative throughout the eligibility process, keeping the patient informed of the account's progress.
- Maintain a professional relationship with the patient and governmental agencies to ensure cooperation and compliance.
- Document pertinent patient information and all work activity in the appropriate systems dictated by company policies and procedures.
- Ensure accounts are processed in accordance to Eligibility Program standards, Client expectations, and federal and state regulations including but not limited to, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) guidelines.
- Meet daily, weekly, monthly productivity and quality targets set by the company.
- Knowledge, understanding, and compliance with all Federal and Local laws and regulations.
- Knowledge, understanding, and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Provide feedback to management concerning possible problems or areas of improvement.
- Make recommendations to implement improved processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
High School Diploma required. Bachelor's Degree or undergraduate, with relevant work experience preferred.
- Previous healthcare coverage/ eligibility experience preferred.
- Proficient personal computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team fostered environment.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasked environment.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule.