Patient Advocacy Liaison
- Maintain the appropriate level of work activity according to work standards and establish work processes to ensure timely certification.
- Educate patients and patient representatives on the eligibility requirements, application process, and verification requirements for applicable programs.
- Facilitate the application process when appropriate for the patient by assisting the patient in the completing of the application, scheduling appointment interviews and obtaining required verification.
- Maintain consistent proactive communication with the patient and/or patient representative throughout the eligibility process, keeping the patient informed of the accounts progress.
- Maintain a professional relationship with the patient and governmental agencies to ensure cooperation and compliance.
- Document pertinent patient information and all work activity in the appropriate systems dictated by company policies and procedures.
- Ensure accounts are processed in accordance to Eligibility Program standards, Client expectations, and federal and state regulations including but not limited to, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) guidelines.
- Knowledge, understanding, and compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations.
- Knowledge, understanding, and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of functional area and company policies and procedures.
- Provide feedback to management concerning possible problems or areas of improvement.
- Make recommendations to implement improved processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Paid training
- Flexible training schedules
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid time off
- Paid holiday and sick time
- Retirement planning options (401(k))
- Employee discounts through client programs
- High School Diploma or GED required; college degree preferred
- Customer service experience a plus
- Phone-related customer service a major plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel applications
- Previous healthcare coverage/ eligibility experience preferred.
- Bilingual language skills a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Stellar customer service skills – and an overwhelming desire to make lives better, one interaction at a time
- Ability to use phone and computer systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong listening/comprehension skills
- Ability to stay composed and objective
- Conversational, patient and confident, with a positive attitude
- A climate controlled, contact center environment – filled with amazing people, incredible career opportunities and the occasional dance-off
- Constant usage of phone and computer systems
Alorica is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. Alorica recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.