Customer Service Travel Consultant
- Travel savvy: passion / experience with travel
- Solutions mindset: First call resolution, a passion to find the right solution for the customer (i.e., consultative skills). Anticipate and proactivity offer appropriate value add services and support to enhance the customer’s trip
- Proven track record of doing the right thing and owning customer issues to ensure resolution
- Excellent time management: ability to multi-task. Capable of prioritizing and ability to handle high volume effectively.
- Ability to de-escalate and assist difficult or irate customers to turn around customer experience; ability to think ahead for the customer, offer options to solve their problem and enhance their trip, and deliver information in a positive way.
- Quick learner: ability to ramp up quickly and provide efficient and creative out of the box solutions
- Desire to bond with the customer and exceed expectations: ability to offer additional options to the customer to ease their travel planning or experience in destination, congratulate the customer where appropriate, use empathy where appropriate, and be your genuine, enthusiastic, and helpful self with the customer.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to promote team work
- Answers telephone and/or emails in a timely, polite and professional manner
- Polished etiquette and delivery: Demonstrate a highly professional attitude and presentation in all verbal and written communications. Ability to use positive telephone and service techniques to build a positive rapport, speak confidently and enthusiastically, matching the card members tone/pace
- Typing 35 wpm as verified by a formal test
- ISP skills: sign-up, install, connection, messaging (chat, e-mail), navigation, online support, etc.
- Proficiency in a multi-system environment
- Effectively use all systems and tools to ensure consistency and adherence to processes and procedures
- Fluency and comprehension in the language requirements for the specific point of sale (spoken and written), as verified by an approved formal test
- Accent neutral verbal communication as verified by an approved formal test
- Verbal communication skills: strong spoken grammar; able to ask appropriate questions to better understand customer goals/needs, and demonstrate empathy in tone and words; can communicate with appropriate sense of urgency
- Written skills: excellent grammar; attention to detail
- Listening skills: active listening; able to appreciate the context of the customer's experience.
- Paid training
- Flexible training schedules
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid time off
- Paid holiday and sick time
- Retirement planning options (401(k))
- Employee discounts through client programs
Experience / Education
- High school degree or equivalent (required)
- College degree (preferred)
- Minimum 1 year of call center or customer service experience, verifiable through reference checks
- At least 3 years of travel industry experience (preferred)
- A climate controlled, contact center environment – filled with amazing people, incredible career opportunities and the occasional dance-off
- Constant usage of phone and computer systems
Alorica is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. Alorica recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.