Talk to Text Representative
GET TO KNOW ALORICA.
Alorica is one of the biggest companies you’ve never heard of. We only do one thing – make lives better, one interaction at a time. We’re a global leader in customer service and experience, serving the world’s biggest brands with over 90,000 employees in more than 100 locations around globe.
Working at Alorica means having the freedom to explore all kinds of career opportunities. You can choose from several positions – customer service, tech support, management – serving a wide variety of clients in healthcare, insurance, finance and consumer technology. And you can choose to work at a site, work from home, stay where you are or transfer to a totally new location.
Alorica offers fun, challenging opportunities for personal and professional development. We want you to have fun and succeed, because when you’re at your best, that’s when we’re at our best.
Let’s make lives better. Let’s defy the status quo. And let’s go beyond thinking outside the box – and decide to obliterate the box instead.
You ready? Let’s do this.
Our client, is a federally funded telecommunications relay program that provides assistance to the deaf and hard of hearing community by efficiently and accurately re-voicing telephone conversations between a hearing party and a person with hearing loss via speech recognition software.
Captioning Agents send real time text captions to customers using voice-to-text transcription software. This service allows Americans with hearing loss to use the telephone for their daily communication needs.
This job requires the Captioning Agent to use their voice with the software to capture conversations. The agent must accurately repeat the conversation verbatim in real time.
This position is located in Omaha, Nebraska and is not available as a work-at-home.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Maintain quality standards for speed and accuracy
- Abide by strict Confidentiality Agreement
- Ability to focus and repeat heard language clearly in order to provide fast and accurate captioning on telephone calls
- Ability to enunciate clearly while separating words and emphasizing word endings
- Outstanding English grammar skills and vocabulary
- Excellent hearing and ability to discern meaning from a variety of accents, regional dialects and areas of knowledge
- Strong short-term memory recall and focus with ability to re-voice verbatim what is heard in real time
- High work ethic standards. Ability to self-monitor to meet individual and team quality and attendance goals
Benefits of the Captioning Agent Position:
- Low Stress Environment
- No Sales
- No Customer Interaction
- No Escalations
- Fun Work Environment
Alorica is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. Alorica recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.