PMO Project Manager
Requisition ID: 128430
Job Category: Operations
Location: United States-North Carolina-Greensboro-4336 Federal Drive 27410
Posted Date: 1/4/2018 8:58:24 PM
Technical PMO Project Manager professionals develop company-wide tools, techniques and standards as well as programs that address specific client requirements. The PMO Project Manager participates in group application design sessions to give direction to and gain an understanding of expected functionality. They also perform research on strategic technologies and issue resolution and contribute to the design of application systems, structures and endeavor to provide and build solid foundations for reliable application programs and ongoing maintenance for clients.
- Programming and Development Activities
- Technical Analysis of Specifications and Research
- Internal Tasks – Training time-keeping and general internal tasks
Key Job Responsibilities
- Participate and direct design sessions for the creation of functional and business requirements for external clients as well as internal tool and technology development
- Complete assigned programming duties, reporting progress to senior staff, analysts and managers
- Provide a textual trail of programming activities that can be added to the technical documentation of developed systems and training materials for both the end client (Account Management) and internal IT personnel who will implement the tools going forward
- Where applicable, act as a collection point to make sure that junior staff technical documentation is completed and consolidated appropriately
- Communicate successfully with different IT and Account Management departments when programming interfaces to dialers, telephone systems, billing systems, downloads, uploads, etc.
- Work towards establishing company-wide tools, techniques and standards
- Assist in developing project estimates
- Assist Quality Management Services group in developing/reviewing test plans
- Project Management: Help analysts and management keep track of projects and project plans
- Assists in the preparation of time and cost estimates
- Communication Skills: Must be clear and concise in written and oral communications
- Mentoring: Must be open to feedback of seniors when being mentored and has a major role in mentoring and educating all levels of staff on new tools, techniques and standards (IT as well as operations)
Other Related Duties
- PMO Project Managers build tools and techniques for multiple clients across the organization
- Disseminate information and expertise to technical staff and provide knowledge of new opportunities for operations and management
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in Information Technology, specifically in development (and in the currently required development tool or technology).
- Strong written and oral communication skills and excellent knowledge of Programming and Database Design concepts.
- Major systems development and implementation experience and understand development techniques, development standards, project management and control.